Thursday 19 January 2012

Mark Driscoll

Mark Driscoll, a pastor from Mars Hill in America, has been very outspoken in criticising the british church for being effeminate and weak. Apart from the fact that this is seriously offensive to pretty much everyone, my real wuestion is, how does he have the nerve to make such comments on a church that he doesn't know well enough?

It would be like me commenting that all American churches are large, right-wing evangelical, and more interested in money than people. Some churches in the US are like that - very few actually - but most are not. They may not be the sort of church that I would like, but then, I do not live in the US - I live in the UK, and so my preferred approach to church is a UK one.

So Mr Driscoll - should you ever read this, which I doubt so much - talk about what you know, not what you don't. Because when you - or anyone else in a position of responsibility - talk about stuff that you know nothing about, and try to put your authority on this, you not only sound like a pratt, but you make people question whether you actually make sense when you talk about things that you might actually know something about. Or, put it another way, people realise that everything you say is probably crap, unless proven otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment